Saturday, November 14, 2009

Off the Cuff

So lately I've been in the habit of cuffing my pants. The main reason for this was originally because they were always much too long (which I could say is due to me being too short, but I'd rather just blame it on the manufacturer...), but now I see it as a way of both showing off your shoes and not seeming like you're just to cheap to get them tailored (or hem them yourself, which as a lazy high school student, is so not an option for me). I've almost always thought that cuffing jeans was the epitome of fashion idiocy - it's slapdash, lazy, disorderly, et cetera. Lately though, the sight of puddles of fabric gathering above my ankles, obscuring those dear shoes that I love so much, was enough to send me folding back the hems. My only concern now is if the comfort factor is enough to negate my suspicions that cuffing my jeans makes my legs look stumpy:



Clearly, I wanted to show off my shoes as well. Moving on (also ignoring the fact that the picture quality is horrible and taken at 11:00 at night. Ahem.).

After debating the topic for about four minutes, I decided that I'm a shorty midget of a thing anyway, so never mind if I happen to wear pants that exemplify that. Muahahahahaha.

- The Tubby McTubsters

1 comment:

  1. I love the look of cuffed jeans (not to mention the practicality for us shorties haha)

    ReplyDelete